Sunday, May 23, 2010

On Cloud 9 ~Edward Cullen One-Shot~

How could this happen? What kind of monster am I? Did I do something to deserve this? Did I need to right some wrong from the past? Is this all even real? Am I dreaming? I never thought that anything thing like this could exist.
My name is Akane Yuritakara. It means Deep red, Lily treasure in Japanese. Or at least, that was the name I was born with. Now my name is Amaya Koneko which means Night rain Kitten. See, I was born in Japan even though I'm from America. My mom and dad moved there because of my dad's new job. Now I'm back over in the U.S. and I'm living in the small quiet town of Forks, Washington and it's been 103 years since I was born. Yeah I know that seems a little weird but I really look like a 17 year old girl with nothing out of the ordinary. My hair is dyed black but it looks like the color I was born with. My eyes were once blue but now they're a golden shade, like the shade of a lioness's fur coat. It's different enough that people often ask if I am wearing contacts. So I save everyone and myself the trouble and wear non-perscription contacts which make my eyes look like an Ultramarine blue. My skin tone isn't deathly pale but it's not a normal color either. Luckily, because I live in a pretty rainy state, I wear long sleeved clothes to make it seem like I want to keep warm all the time.
Now, I know what you're thinking. 'All these signs are the classic signs of being a vampire.' Well to be perfectly honest, that's only part of who I am now. See, 86 years ago I was still living in Japan. We had been studying the mythical creatures of Japanese mythology in school. I became very interested in nekomata's, two-tailed vampiric cats with sorcerer like abilities, as well as the ability to take human form. There were supposedly sacred lands behind the house where we lived and one day, curiosity got the best of me. I explored farther into the woods than I had ever gone before. There was a legend that a female nekomata lived back there and trespassing through her territory ment certain death. Now, I'm not superstitious or anything and the tale just seemed like a bunch of crap. So being the complete baka (idiot) that I am, I ventured into the woods.
"Hello?! Is there anything out there?!" I called that same sentence for over an hour and a half and I still got no reply. "I knew it. The legend is just a bunch of bullshit. There's no such thing as a-." I never did get to finish that sentence because my life ended at that moment. Something leapt out of the trees and attacked me, biting me in the neck right at the jugular. I was taken by such suprise that I failed to notice that I was bleeding to death. I was too focused on the woman in front of me.
She had long black hair that reached down to her lower back with silver streaks. She wore armor, though there wasn't much. Just enough to cover her womanliness so that nothing was showing, but she still looked a little slutty. There was a red cape-like piece that was attached to the armor just slightly above her ass that reached down to her ankles. She also had on arm and shoulder gauntlets with boots to match. All the pieces she wore were trimmed in gold. Though I wasn't sure if I should be thinking about the fact that she looked a little like a slut 'cause I had no idea who or what this woman was. She could be reading my mind and I would have no idea.
"So, you dare to trespass in my dominion even though you have heard of the legends?" Her voice seemed to make everything freeze in it's place, as if afraid to make any type of move that would upset her making her wrath fall upon them. I couldn't say anything in response. Mostly because I was bleeding directly from my neck. I was actually suprised that I wasn't dead yet. "Well my dear, since you have a hard time believing in such matters, you will have to experience them first hand. Instead of killing you like I should, I am going to teach you a lesson you will never forget." She waved her had and the wound on my neck disapeared and the bleeding stopped, but my body suddenly felt like it was on fire.
I cried out even though no one was around to hear me. For what seemed like an eternity, I screamed until my throat was searing in pain too. The pain became so inbearable that I passed out. When I finally came to, the woman was gone and it was day. It was night when I passed out. So I knew that at least 1 day had gone by. Slowly, I stood up so that I wouldn't pass out again from getting dizzy. When I finally got to my feet, I heard a calm brook, which was weird 'cause I didn't hear anything when I first met that woman. 'Who was that woman? And what did she mean by teach me a lesson?' I thought as I fallowed the sound of the brook to where it was.
It was farther away than I thought it was and I was really amazed at how I could have heard it. When I reached down to get a drink, I almost screamed again. When I looked at my reflection I didn't expect to see what I saw. My hair was the same but my eyes and my complection are what scared me shitless. My eyes weren't blue like I was born with, instead they were golden and my skin was paler than it normally was, but not so much that it made me look like a ghost. "What am I?" I asked no one in particular, so I wasn't expecting an answer. But someone did answer. "A vampire. Well, partially." I turned around to see the same woman from before staring at me.
I couldn't speak...'cause I couldn't believe what she told me. "I'm a vampire? But how...I...what...?" I couldn't put straight sentences together I was still in so much shock. "Actually, you're only half vampire. The other half of you is being a nekomata. Like me." "So I'm half vampire, half cat?" I asked her. "Correct. This is punishment for tresspassing. My name is Tarja. I am a Nekomata. It's been a week since your transformation and you have been declared dead. So I wouldn't go back home. You'll have to go and be on your own as well as discover things for yourself. I wish you luck. You'll need it." And with that, she dissapeared and I haven't seen or heard from her since.
So now I sit here in the cafeteria of Forks High reading "The Blood Countess". It's about Elizabeth Bathory, a Hungarian countess who was convicted of torturing and killing over 650 girls and women for their blood in belief that bathing in it, made her skin look younger. She thought she found the key to eternal life. I could only sit there and laugh at how stupid some people were. Trying to find ways to become immortal. Drinking from the Holy Grail, bathing in blood. I would say that it all sounds like a bunch of shit but the last time I said that, I ended up become a literal and true believer in things that seemengly don't exist.
The cafeteria was becoming crowded and then silenced for a few seconds as the Cullens walked in and took their usual table. The Cullens were all adopted by a doctor and his wife. None of the children where biological except the georgeous blonde Rosalie and the quiet Jasper. They were blood siblings. Their partners were thier adopted siblings. Rosalie was dating a huge boy named Emmet, who reminded me of a bear. and Jasper was dating the pixie-haired Alice. There was one Cullen who didn't have a partner. That was Edward, the one I had a crush on. Though I didn't openly show it like all the other girls in the school trying to get his attention.
I had always wondered why Edward didn't have someone like his 'siblings' did. I thought it strange but then again, who am I to question what is strange? I was kind of like the Cullens in a way. They didn't socialize with anyone outside of their family and neither did I, though I didn't have a family to socialize with. Everyone thought we were weird or freaks. Even if it did bother me, I didn't let it show. My reputation as being 'the girl who's just like the Cullens but isn't one of them" had started almost immediatly after joining the school. I never talked to them though and they never talked to me. I guess that's because they don't want anyone to figure out their secret. That they're vampires.
Yeah, I knew their secret. It wasn't that hard to figure out when I am part one. Alice seems to like looking at me a lot lately; I could see it out of the corner of my eye. She'd stare at me and then turn to the others. This time when she looked at me, she turned to Edward, who then looked at me. I was a little shocked at first but, then for some reason...he smiled. It was rare for Edward to smile let alone smile at someone who wasn't from his family. I couldn't help but smile back, which was rare for me as well.
By the time the day had ended, I couldn't get the picture of Edward smiling out of my head. As I approached my black jajuar with red and blue flame design I heard someone talk to me from behind. "Are you doing anything, Amaya?" I turned around to see Edward Cullen leaning against my car. "Uh not really, why?" I asked, not really knowing where this was going. "I want you to come back to my house and meet my family." Now I know he's joking so I joked back. "What? No dinner? No movie? Just straight to the parents huh?" But Edwards face retained it's seriousness. "I'm not kidding Amaya. I know that you know what we are and I think it's best for my family to hear it directly from you." I knew I was cornered and there was no way I could get out of it, so I had to give in. "Alright. But make sure Alice doesn't use me as a doll when we're done. She is defentaly the kind of girl who would love someone like me for a prop." And for the first time ever, I heard Edward laugh, truly laugh. "Alright. Deal. C'mon, you're riding with me." He led me to his silver volvo and opened to door for me, like a true gentlemen. I smiled and thanked him as he quickly got to the driver's side and started the car. We were out of the school's parking lot in a matter of seconds.
The ride to Edward's house was quiet and quick. We didn't really say anything as he speedily drove home which I didn't mind. I liked driving fast myself. When we reached the house, I couldn't help but guak at the georgeous house in front of me. It made my apartment look like a cardboard box for hobo's. Edward laughed at my reaction. "I know you like the house. But if you keep looking at it like that then your face is going to stay that way." I stopped and looked away feeling a blush creep across my cheeks. He took my hand and led me into the house where I couldn't help but let my jaw drop. DDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!! Georgeous on the outside and the inside. A brown haired woman came out from awoudn the corner. "Edward darling, there you are. And who is this young lady?" "Esme, can you get Carlisle down here? We need to talk." Esme didn't say anything. Instead she walked/glided away to find the one called Carlisle. When she found him, everyone had made their way into the living room. "Well Edward, what's going on?" "Carlisle, Esme. This is Amaya Koneko and I think you should listen to what she has to say." Suddenly, all eyes were on me. I was the center of attention, somewhere I really didn't want to be but, I had no choice.
"Well here, goes...I know that you all are vampires and before you say anything then maybe you should hear me out first." I opened my saddle bag and took out the container that held my contacts. I opened my eyes and took out the colored contacts. After putting them away, I stood again and looked the two vampire parents. When they made contact with my eyes I think they almost fell over in shock. "I suppose that I have a lot of explaining to do don't I?" I took the empty seat next to Edward and explain everything from beginning to end. There were no interruptions and when I finished, everything was quiet. It was kinda awkward. "Ok, I think I'm gonna go now." I went to stand up but, Edward pulled me back down. "Oh no. You're not goin' anywhere yet." The Cullen's eyes were still on me and it made me kinda uncomfortable and I think Edward noticed. "I think we should all stop staring at her and think about this." "Carlisle, don't you think that she would be better staying here with us? We have the extra bedroom that noone's using." Esme suggested. "Oh no, I couldn't possibly-" "Nonsence. Edward, Emmet. Go with her and get her things from her house."
Apparently I didn't have a say in the matter because in seconds, I was back in the volvo with Edward and Emmet was driving his jeep behind us. "I didn't mean for you to go to all this trouble for me. I didn't expect any of this to happen." I apologized, but Edward didn't seem to care. "No it's nothing. Trust me. We're all glad that you'll be joining us." We had arrived at my apartment and I felt a little ashamed that Edward had to see what my place looked like compared to where he lived. After I opened the door, Emmet immediatly began loading what little furnature I had into the jeep.
Edward and I went up to my bedroom and began packing what I had there which wasn't much. "Look Edward, about before. I'm sorry that I didn't tell-" But I was cut off but Edward. Or rather his lips. "Don't speak my little neko(cat)." He kissed me again only this time with more passion. I couldn't really believe what was happeneing. Edward Cullen was kissing me! My crush was kissing me! I thought I was on cloud 9 until a noise made him pull away. "Damn, I didn't think you were gonna go for it already man." Emmet was standing in the doorway with a smirk on his face. "While you two were goin at it, I got the living room and the kitchen ready to go." I turned away and blushed horribly. Emmet just laughed along with Edward. "Don't worry about it. I was always wondering what my new sister would be like." He rushed over to me and grabbed me in a great bear like hug, swinging me around. I laughed whole hartidly. Emmet put me back down and walked out the door. Edward turned back to me after shutting the door. "Now. Where were we?" he smirked as he grabbed me by my waist, pulling me close to him. "I don't know. How about here?" I leaned in and brought our puzzle of lips together where they fit perfectly. As my arms rested around his neck, he brought one of his hands to the middle of my back. I was back on cloud 9 and I never wanted to leave. And I had a feeling, neither did he.

No comments:

Post a Comment